Two to three months of treatment done in one day!
Months of weekly or biweekly regular therapy sessions are not for everyone. I have created The EMDR Intensive Program for clients exactly like you.
Imagine being able to save yourself months of therapy, have results quicker and enjoy the compounding effect of your breakthroughs in such a short period of time.
EMDR helps us process negative feelings and changes the way we think about ourselves and our memories. Because of the powerful healing effect of EMDR therapy, intensives can produce faster results, about two to three months of treatment done in one day!
The EMDR Intensive Program is a personalized approach that allows you to skip the waitlist, giving you access to select spots, and can eliminate weeks or months of living with trauma symptoms.
The approach results in less overall cost and time to clients. More questions? Here are the most common questions about this Program
EMDR is not just for trauma; it is also used for performance enhancement to excel in areas such as athletics, business, and relationships.
DO ANY OF THE FOLLOWING RING TRUE?
- Perhaps you’ve been meaning to get into weekly therapy for a while now, but your schedule has been so hectic and demanding that a weekly therapy appointment feels more overwhelming than supportive.
- Perhaps you’re needing help – and a lot of it – right now, and you don’t want to spend months in the traditional weekly model of therapy treatment to feel better. Did you know that recent or single incident trauma can often be resolved in one intensive?
- Perhaps you are a current, weekly client who is needing extra, focused support to accelerate your progress
- Perhaps you are a new client who just prefers to work intensively, getting relief faster
EMDR intensives support the busy parent with kids trying to navigate childcare and time away, the working professional who has a lot on their plate, or the client who needs help now. Whatever the reason that weekly sessions just won’t work for you, EMDR intensives are available to support you during times you need help the most.
RESEARCH ON INTENSIVE EMDR THERAPY IS POSITIVE
- Intensive application of trauma-focused therapy seems to be well tolerated in patients with PTSD, enabling faster symptom reduction with similar, or even better, results, while reducing the risk that patients drop out prematurely. Learn more here and here.
- Intensive EMDR treatment is feasible and is indicative of reliable improvement in PTSD symptoms in a very short time frame. Learn more here.
- An intensive program using EMDR therapy is a potentially safe and effective treatment alternative for complex PTSD. Learn more here.
- The economy is compelling: even compared to other trauma therapy, the intensive format may decrease treatment time, because of time not spent on a) checking in at the beginning of each session, b) addressing current crises and concerns, c) focusing on stabilizing and coping skills that the client won’t need after trauma healing, or d) assisting the client in regaining composure at the end of the session. Learn more here.
YOUR EMDR THERAPY INTENSIVE INCLUDES:
- Pre-consultation interview to assess for candidacy, as well as target unpleasant beliefs, body sensations, emotions, or images from which you are seeking relief.
- A customized treatment program with targeted treatment goals.
- Post-treatment interview to assess and support the positive changes from treatment.
Please click here to schedule your complimentary 15 minute EMDR Intensive Consultation with Bonnie Barclay, LCSW. This is an opportunity to speak directly with me prior to scheduling to clarify your counseling needs, goals, and how this accelerated approach can benefit you. I look forward to talking soon.